Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get in touch with a Moderator?
The simplest way would be to send a private message through IRC with the "/query <username>" command, where <username> is the name of the Moderator. Alternatively, if the Moderator you wish to contact is not online, you can leave a message with another Moderator, or you feel the subject is too delicate to send via IRC; you can send an e-mail to us at: [email protected] with the subject line "Query for <username>"
- How do I get colors in chat?
The simple answer is: Unfortunately, you don’t. Colors are used only by CinemaQuestria staff moderators (designated in the IRC chat room under the @ and % symbols). We use these to stand out in the chat so that our messages will be conspicuous.
- How do I become a moderator? I want to be opped!
If you wish to become part of our staff here at CinemaQuestria, please complete this application form.
Please note: Once your application is submitted, you do not need to submit another. Your application will be reviewed and remain open indefinitely. If we feel you are a good fit for our staff, we will contact you directly to set up an interview.
- When do you guys stream? Is there a particular schedule?
- Can I make a request for you guys to show something on stream?
We do not allow requests unless explicitly stated by the current streamer. Just do be aware, however, that requests are at the complete discretion of the streamer at the time of the stream, and that they may or may not choose to accept them.
If you wish to make a request or to offer a suggestion for a future stream and there's no stream going (or just don’t want to publicly make the request), send it to our group e-mail at [email protected]
- The stream and/or chat is not working! Help!
If you see no stream, it might be for the following reasons:
- There is no stream. Someone might not be broadcasting at the time. We don't necessarily stream 24/7. See FAQ #4
- Try pressing the refresh button underneath the stream.
- The streamer might be having some temporary issues. Check the chat to see if the moderators have made an announcement. Do not spam the streamer or chat with "the stream is down" -- they probably know.
- If others seem to be enjoying the stream, check your connection.
If you cannot join or speak in the chat, it may be for the following reasons:
- The room might currently be moderated, or +m. This means that only ops and half-ops can speak. Usually this happens when we have moved the conversation to our side rooms during new episode streams. If you are in a side room, we might have moved back to the main room. Try pressing the refresh button under the chat to join the room(s) we are currently using. Sometimes the chat will be muted when it has become unruly.
- You might have tried to post too many messages too quickly, and were silenced by the server, also known as +q. PM an OP to have it removed.
- If you cannot enter the chat at all, you could have been banned. If you feel that this was a mistake, or want to appeal your ban, please see our "Contact Us" page.